We are looking for a Regenerative Agriculture Systems, Technical Advisor (TA1) to play a pivotal role at the intersection of sustainability, regenerative agriculture practices, and corporate initiatives. As a Technical Advisor at AgSpire, you will be responsible for working directly with producers to identify and create unique solutions for their operations, while also providing expertise for program and concept development. You will join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team of professionals that work collaboratively to advance economic and environmental sustainability goals. This is a full-time, remote, salaried position, reporting to VP, Business Development.
For more information and to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a rapidly evolving startup environment, possessing a deep understanding of regenerative agriculture practices and a strong background in animal science and livestock production. Strong analytical, written, and presentation skills are essential.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide expert guidance to producers on regenerative agriculture systems, incorporating practices that enhance soil health, biodiversity, and overall ecosystem resilience.
- Support and collaborate closely with both farm-level operations and corporate teams to integrate solutions.
- Conduct research to stay current with the latest developments in regenerative agriculture, carbon insetting requirements, and others, ensuring we are providing innovative and effective approaches and solutions.
- Act as a conduit for communication between various teams, translating technical concepts into actionable insights for non-technical stakeholders.
- Offer technical support to farmers and ranchers, advising on regenerative agricultural opportunities to advance operational resilience.
- Develop and organize content to present on webinars, field-days, client meetings, and events. Represent AgSpire at external meetings.
- Prepare reports identifying key opportunities to amplify regenerative agriculture for operations.
- Assist with the identification of interventions (reductions and removals) for insetting program development.
- Assist producers navigating the intricacies of public and private conservation/sustainability programs.
- Clearly and concisely communicate AgSpire services and programs to producers and prospect clients.
- Ensure that programs being managed by AgSpire are successfully implemented.
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS degree in Animal Sciences, Rangeland Management, Agronomy, Biology, natural resources management, conservation, business, or another related fields.
- Proven experience in regenerative agriculture practices, with a focus on livestock production.
- Experience engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external, such as producers, corporate executives, and government officials.
- Extensive knowledge of USDA conservation programs (EQIP, CSP, RCPP, CIG, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a remote team environment.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions based on data and research.
- Self-starter with exceptional people, communication, and writing skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Proven success in working in an ambiguous, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Preference Will be Given to Candidates With:
- Demonstrated ability to develop differentiated and achievable field-level solutions to advance sustainable agriculture while also maximizing efficiency and production.
- Animal Science background with strong understanding of livestock operations – nutrition, animal health, genetics, and reproduction.
- Region: Remote
- Approximately 30% of travel might be required.
AgSpire is an end-to-end implementation partner for regenerative agriculture, offering strategic advisory, project design, and on-the-ground expertise to design and execute sustainable supply shed solutions within food and agriculture value chains. Utilizing regenerative approaches and our deep knowledge of what’s possible within agriculture, our nature-based solutions yield measurable progress toward sustainability targets, with tangible outcomes related to soil health, carbon sequestration, enhanced biodiversity, and improved water and air quality.