We are looking for a Standards & Methodologies Manager to join our fast-growing organization. As a Standards & Methodologies Manager at AgSpire, you will be responsible for managing and executing technical requirements for all regenerative agriculture projects. As a Standards & Methodologies Manager, your main goal will be to complete and manage technical deliverables to ensure projects align with required protocols. You will join a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team of professionals working at the intersection of agriculture, greenhouse gas emissions, and sustainability at the farm and corporate level. This is a full-time, remote, salaried position, reporting to the Director of Carbon & Ecosystem Service Markets.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, analytically-minded self-starter who is comfortable using their greenhouse gas accounting, data analysis, research, and project management skills in an ever-changing, startup environment. Competence in farm-level greenhouse gas accounting, regenerative agriculture concepts, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity are all central to this role. Strong analytical, written, and presentation skills are essential, as well as experience and comfort with leading projects. Experience with carbon project development is essential.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage execution of and implementation of technical requirements, processes, and deliverables for AgSpire projects, including project design, protocol execution, and MRV processes.
- Advise clients on technical project considerations, including models, accounting requirements, and data collection.
- Ensure requirements for standards, methodologies, and accounting rules are effectively implemented from a technical standpoint.
- Oversee execution of MRV processes, including field / soil sampling, data collection, model usage, and collaboration with field teams.
- Maintain data governance and integrity across projects, where needed. Create and own technical standard operating procedures for projects that require quality control and audit preparation.
- Serve as the team’s subject matter expert on standards, methodologies, and accounting concepts. Monitor standards as needed to help advise clients and inform AgSpire strategy.
- Manage relationships with external verifiers and standards bodies.
- Support the team by problem-solving, challenges, conducting research and analysis, and identifying solutions for ambiguous situations.
- Prepare a variety of technical deliverables to support clients, including presentations, data analyses, and other high-quality projects documents.
- Help internal teams and clients to navigate ambiguous situations and ever-changing landscapes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with leading greenhouse gas accounting protocols, frameworks, and associated methodologies, such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Value Change Initiative, Verra, Climate Action Reserve, and Science Based Targets Initiative.
- Experience with regenerative agriculture and carbon project development processes, including design, validation, and verification.
- Experience collaborating with third parties on technical documentation, such as consultants, auditors, or verification bodies (or as a consultant/auditor).
- Ability to analyze, research, assess, and organize information and data into reports and presentation.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation and analysis.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Self-started with exceptional people, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental science, biology, agricultural sciences, ecology, sustainability, or related disciplines, or a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a technical role is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- At least 3 years of work experience.
Preference Will be Given to Candidates With:
- Experience with greenhouse gas accounting for the agriculture industry.
- Experience with corporate greenhouse gas accounting frameworks.
- Experience with the technical requirements of agricultural insetting methodologies published by third-party carbon standards.
- Strong understanding of sustainability, conservation practices, and regenerative agriculture.
- Region: Remote
- Some travel might be required
For more information and to submit your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.